We don't investigate complaints of mice outside, but we're able to investigate complaints about mice inside premises.
The house mouse weighs around 30grams and is about 9cm in length not including its tail, mice carry diseases and infections and may cause damage to health and property.
How to tell if you have mice
Mouse droppings look like rice grains in shape and size, 5mm and the colour of droppings ranges from light brown to almost black in colour. Droppings are normally found randomly throughout an infested property; on worktops and in food.
- Noises – scrabbling scratching sounds heard normally at night in ceilings under floors and in cavity walls can suggest an infestation.
- Smear marks – Greasy brown marks left on surfaces or walls are left from the oils found on the coat of the mouse.
- Gnawing / Chewing – mice teeth are constantly growing which means they need to chew to keep them in check. Defective wiring can sometimes suggest a mouse infestation.
- Smell – when mice are present you often get a musty smell.
Treatment of mice
Keep a log of when and where you see mice in your home. Only if safe and possible, leave mice droppings and other signs of the pest where you find them for us to see.
What we will do during the treatment
- put down bait and give you advice about proofing your home from mice.
- make a further two visits, to check on bait and refill and then check the current infestation clear and remove excess bait from the property. If there are any continuing signs of infestation we will book another visit at no extra charge.
After mice treatment
Revisits within six weeks of treatment may be included only if you have followed our advice and there is still an infestation.
We will give you a report of the work we have done with guidance and advice on what you need to do after the treatment.
Product information / safety information
We do not use acute poisons or insecticides that are harmful to children animals or the environment.
Apply for treatment https://barnet.gov.uk/citizen-home/business/forms/Pest-control-treatment-request.html
Terms and conditions PDF
Pest Control contact