Drug and alcohol misuse

If you, or someone you know, are having problems with alcohol or drugs you can get help from the following services:

Barnet Adult's Substance Misuse Service

The Barnet Adult's Substance Misuse Service is free and open to all Barnet residents aged 18 or over, as well as their families and carers, and can be contacted at either of their two service locations:

Barnet Recovery Centre (Finchley)
42a Hendon Lane, East Finchley, N3 1TT


Barnet Recovery Centre (Edgware)
Ground Floor, Dennis Scott Unit, Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware, HA8 0AD

Tel: 0300 303 2866


WDP Barnet Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Service

WDP Barnet Young People’s Drug and Alcohol Service (YPDAS) offers support for young people (aged up to 24) who may be affected by drug or alcohol problems. They offer personalised services and work across Barnet so can meet you at a venue which suits you.

They provide information, treatment, counselling, family work, group work, and drop-in clinics in youth setting across the borough. Referrals can be made by agency workers, housing, the police, the GP, health visitors, social workers, contact organisations and schools. Self-referrals are also accepted.

The service can be contacted at:

Ground Floor, Dennis Scott Unit
Edgware Community Hospital
Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware HA8 0AD
Tel: 0300 303 3169
Fax: 0333 344 3036
Secure email:

Rate this page?