Barnet is a popular place to live, with excellent schools, open spaces and transport links. As of 2015 it is the most populated of the London boroughs and demand for housing is acute.
We're keen to work on sustaining the quality of the private rented sector by working with good landlords to improve the standard of accommodation in Barnet. Where housing standards are found to be unacceptable the appropriate enforcement action will be taken.
- Landlord Accreditation Scheme: the scheme and related discounts
- Inspections: housing inspection and reporting services
- Right to Rent and immigration inspections
- Council and income tax particularly for those renting HMOs
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes: protected deposits and rights to schemes
- Condensation and damp: prevention, diagnosis and responsibilities
- Electrical safety: safety and obligations
- Gas, fire and carbon monoxide safety: landlords responsibilities and new regulation
- Rodents and insects: pests, responsibilities and discounts available to landlords.
- Energy efficiency: Advice, and assistance for Landlords.
- Empty properties: Grants availible for landlords of empty properties.