Tenants in privately rented homes in Barnet
Reporting problems with your housing
If you're a private tenant having problems with your accommodation, you should immediately contact your landlord to give them an opportunity to sort the problem out. If this isn't possible or doesn’t help, you can ask us for advice.
If you would like to report an issue with your accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 0208 359 7995
- Houses of multiple occupation (shared houses)
- London Rental Standard & Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Right to Rent and immigration inspections
- Council tax particularly for those living in HMOs
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes: your right to protected deposits
- Condensation and damp
- Electrical safety
- Gas, fire and carbon monoxide safety: how you can keep yourself safe and what responsibilities your landlord has.
- Energy efficiency become more energy efficient and save money on fuel bills.
- Rodents and insect pest control
- Community safety - safety and security in your home and antisocial behaviour.
- Disabled Facilities Grants- grants to change or adapt facilities for disabled people in Barnet.
- Keep Warm and Well - keeping warm and well over winter for elderly and disabled people of all ages in Barnet.