If your application is successful and you’re over 18 you will receive a citizenship invitation letter from the Home Office. The letter will give you instructions on how to book your ceremony and what documentation you'll need to bring on the day.
Children under 18 do not have to attend the ceremony as the parents can collect their certificates on their behalf.
You will need to make sure you book your place(s) on a citizenship ceremony before the invitation expires. If an invitation has expired (or will expire before you or a member of your group can attend a ceremony) then you will need to contact the Home Office.
What you should bring to the ceremony
- your original invitation letter from the Home Office
- your passport or photo ID
If you don’t bring these documents with you, we will not be able to include you in the ceremony
During the ceremony
- you’ll swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to the Crown and make a pledge to uphold UK values and laws
- you’ll be presented with a certificate of British citizenship and a welcome pack
- professional photographs will be taken and will be available to purchase
You are welcome to bring three guests to celebrate this special occasion with you.
There is no charge for attending a group ceremony. However, if you would like a private ceremony, some fees do apply.
All ceremonies take place at the Barnet Register Office in Hendon Town Hall, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BG
For further details or to book a ceremony, please contact us on 020 8359 2074