The Local Plan
The Local Plan is the development plan for the borough. It sets out how we will manage development and growth in Barnet.
It has replaced the Unitary Development Plan except for the 13 policies for Brent Cross and Cricklewood.
It is a collection of documents that work alongside national policy and the Mayor's London Plan to inform planning decisions.
The Local Plan includes Development Plan Documents (DPDs) and Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs).
Development plan documents (DPDs)
- The Core Strategy DPD - sets out our vision, objectives and strategic policies
- The Development Management Policies DPD - sets out the framework for making decisions
- The Mill Hill East Area Action Plan
- The Colindale Area Action Plan
- The North London Waste Plan
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
These documents provide further detailed guidance on policy topics such as:
- Affordable Housing
- Planning Obligations
- Delivering Skills, Employment, Enterprise and Training (SEET)
- Grahame Park
- Sustainable Design and Construction
- Residential Design Guidance
- Green Infrastructure
- North Finchley
- Design Guidance notes which provide more detailed guidance on deciding planning applications.
We always consult with you about our SPDs and they play an important part in making planning decisions.
Other local plan documents
- The Local Development Scheme - sets out the timetable for the above documents
- The Statement of Community Involvement - sets out how Barnet consults with the community
- The Authorities Monitoring Report – monitors the performance of the Local Plan and identifies trends affecting Barnet